Our porcelain-fused-to-zirconia crown and bridge restorations are fabricated out of a solid zirconia substructure and porcelain layering. With strength and esthetics combined, PFZ restorations are excellent long-lasting solutions. It provides more room for veneers than other restorations, which adds to its esthetics.Download Rx FormSend a Digital Case
A CAD/CAM substitute for traditional PFM, our porcelain-fused-to-zirconia can be used for anterior and posterior crowns, crowns over implants, and bridges of up to fourteen units.
- Attachment cases
- Cases with less than 1 mm clearance
- Patients who have broken a PFM crown
- Cases that require bonding
The ideal preparation for PFZs is a chamfer margin preparation. If a porcelain labial margin is prescribed, then a shoulder margin preparation is required.
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX or RelyX Unicem, 3M ESPE)
- Maxcem Elite (Kerr)
- Panavia F 2.0 (Kuraray) - ideal for short, tapered preparations
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
If an adjustment is required on the ceramic, use a fine diamond with water and air to keep the crown cool. To contour the ceramic, polish with a pink rubber wheel and diamond polishing paste (Brasseler, Shofu, Vident).
- D2740 Crown - porcelain / ceramic substrate